Das habe ich in einem Blog entdeckt und fand es einfach super.
27 lessons I’ve learned in 27 years
by Karen on June 7, 2010
I always want to know more. I want to learn more. I want to do better. I want to be better. I’m not progressing fast enough.
But sometimes you have to stop, and look back and realize you’ve come along way. Today, June 8th, I turn 27.
And I’ve come a long way.
(Note: Many of these lessons have been acquired from other sources along my journey, and are not original thoughts.)
1. The first pancake always turns out badly.
2. You don’t have to get along with everyone, or make everyone like you.
3. Love makes you stupid.
4. You always have at least 2 choices, even if you don’t like your choices.
5. Sometimes even women need to learn to MTFU.
6. Most people operate out of selfish motivations.
7. It’s rarely about you.
8. Soda is evil.
9. It’s okay to break the rules, as long as you are good enough not to get caught, and you aren’t hurting anyone.
10. “Be kinder than necessary ’cause everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.”
11. There’s three sides to every story- his, hers, and the truth.
12. Time doesn’t heal anything- it’s what you do with that time.
13. Complaining and blaming other people doesn’t help anything, and makes you miserable company.
14. Everything in your life is your responsibility.
15. You train people how to treat you.
16. There’s always hope.
17. You can always be grateful for something.
18. If you aren’t making mistakes, you aren’t trying hard enough.
19. You never really become an adult. You just get more responsibility, and become wiser.
20. Showing emotion is not a sign of weakness. Knowing when it is appropriate is a skill.
21. Google can answer anything.
22. Being silly is one of my favorite qualities in a person.
23. Honesty is always the easiest route. Even if it’s not in the short term.
24. You should never stop learning, or trying to be a better person.
25. Worrying is useless, unless it motivates you to take action.
26. When people show you who they are, believe them.
27. There is only fear, and love. And one of them is way more fun.
Thank you to every person I love, have taught me something, or encouraged me along the way. I have been blogging for almost exactly one year now, and it’s been the best year of my life. Thanks for joining me.